Qualification Examinations will be conducted at milestones in the Program. Timing and criteria for passing the examinations are as follows:
QE-I: Qualification Examination to proceed from the first year to the second year of the Master’s Program
- A presentation on a research subject for a master’s thesis has been delivered in English (at the System Integration Seminar.)
- Pass an interview test of the GP-Mech (The intention of advancing to the GP-Mech Doctoral Program shoule be confirmed.)
QE-II: Final examination for the Master’s Program
- Meet the completion requirements for the department of affiliation.
- Over 50% of the credits earned in the Master’s Program are from courses conducted in English.
(Master’s thesis must be written in English.)
- Earn at least six credits in the (Master’s) International Program category.
- Pass the screening for a master’s thesis at each graduate school.
- Pass the interview (A research plan for the three-year Doctoral Program will be reviewed.)
QE-III: Final examination for the Doctoral Program
- Meet the completion requirements of the department of affiliation
- Over two-thirds of the credits earned in the Doctoral Program are from courses conducted in English.
- Earn at least four credits in the (Doctoral) International Program category.
- Pass the Doctoral dissertation defense on the topic of the international collaboration at each graduate school with a committee including a host professor of the partner institution. (The Doctoral dissertation must be written in English.)
- Pass the screening of the degree conferral and a final examination of the GP-Mech program.
The screening will be conducted based on the following criteria:
- If the candidate has a global perspective.
- What has learned from the overseas study.
- If the candidate has acquired the skills and abilities described in the Diploma Policy.
The final examination will be conducted based on the following criteria:
- If the candidate has acquired the basic academic skills related to the Program.
- If the candidate has acquired the research skills required by the Program.